Board of port commissioners
- • qualifications
- • appointment
- • term
- • first meeting
- • election
- • vacancies
(1) The power and authority given a port is vested in and shall be exercised by a board of five commissioners, each of whom shall be an elector registered in the port.
(2) Within 10 days after the formation of the port, the Governor shall appoint the first board of five commissioners, each of whom shall be an elector registered in the port.
(3) The commissioners shall meet at a place within the port, designated by the Governor, on the fifth day after their appointment and shall organize as a board, first making and subscribing to an oath of office. The term of office of each commissioner shall be determined by lot at the first meeting of the board. The terms of two of the commissioners expire June 30 next following the first regular district election, and the terms of the remaining three commissioners expire June 30 next following the second next regular district election.
(4) At the first regular district election following the appointment of the first board, two commissioners shall be elected. At the second regular district election following the appointment of the first board, three commissioners shall be elected.
(5) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the term of commissioner is four years.
(6) The term of a commissioner shall expire when the commissioner is absent from four or more consecutive regular meetings of the board of port commissioners and the board declares the position vacant. The vacancy shall be filled as provided by ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on governing bodies of certain districts). [Amended by 1967 c.185 §1; 1971 c.647 §136; 1971 c.727 §§185,200; 1971 c.728 §30; 1973 c.796 §74; 1983 c.83 §110; 1983 c.350 §318; 1995 c.705 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information