As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Board” means the Oregon Board of Maritime Pilots.
(2) “Licensee” means an individual licensed under ORS 776.115 (Powers and duties of board).
(3) “Organization of pilots” means any legal entity or association to which licensees belong as members, or with which licensees are associated, that is formed for cooperative performance of functions including, but not limited to, the dispatching of licensees and trainees, collection of pilotage fees, ownership and operation of pilot boats, distribution of earnings of licensees and trainees, and education and training so as to facilitate the rendition of pilotage services by individual licensees and trainees.
(4) “Pilotage,” “piloting” or “to pilot” means the actions of a licensee or trainee in assisting the master of a vessel under ORS 776.405 (License required) while the vessel is on, approaching or departing a pilotage ground, and the associated communication with the vessel.
(5) “Trainee” means a person the board has licensed under ORS 776.300 (Trainee license) and who has met the requirements of ORS 776.540 (Security required of licensees and trainees). [1957 c.448 §1; 1981 c.88 §2; 1983 c.330 §1; 1993 c.741 §110; 1993 c.796 §1; 2001 c.403 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.