Inclusion of information in utility billings
- • frequency
- • notice
- • duty of utility to forward board mail
(1) Upon request by the Citizens’ Utility Board pursuant to this section, each utility shall include in billings to a utility consumer materials prepared and furnished by the Citizens’ Utility Board, not exceeding in folded size the dimensions of the envelope customarily used by such utility to send billings to its customers.
(2) The Citizens’ Utility Board shall not intentionally make any false material statement in any material submitted to a utility for inclusion with a billing. If the utility believes that the Citizens’ Utility Board has intentionally made false material statements in an enclosure, it may file a complaint with the Public Utility Commission of Oregon within five days of receipt. The Public Utility Commission of Oregon must review the complaint within 10 days, and if the commission determines that the Citizens’ Utility Board has intentionally made false material statements, the commission shall give the Citizens’ Utility Board of Governors written notification that specifies any false material statements made and the reasons why the commission determines the statements to be false.
(3) No utility shall be required to enclose Citizens’ Utility Board material with a billing more than six times in any calendar year.
(4) The Citizens’ Utility Board shall notify a utility of its intention to include under the provisions of this chapter any material in any specified periodic billing or billings not fewer than 30 calendar days prior to the mailing of the periodic billings and shall supply the utility with the material not fewer than 20 calendar days prior to the mailing of the periodic billings.
(5) All material submitted by the Citizens’ Utility Board for inclusion in a utility billing must include the return address of the Citizens’ Utility Board. A utility is not required to deliver or forward to the Citizens’ Utility Board material intended for the Citizens’ Utility Board mistakenly sent to the utility. However, a utility shall retain such materials for a period of 60 days from the date of receipt. The utility shall notify the Citizens’ Utility Board that such materials have been received and make these materials available to the Citizens’ Utility Board on demand. [1985 c.1 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.