Suspension of rates pending hearing
- • time limitation
- • refund of revenue collected
- • interim rates
(1) The Public Utility Commission may, pending such investigation and determination, order the suspension of the rate or schedule of rates, provided the initial period of suspension shall not extend more than six months beyond the time when such rate or schedule would otherwise go into effect. If the commission finds that the investigation will not be completed at the expiration of the initial suspension, the commission may enter an order further suspending such rate or schedule for not more than three months beyond the last day of the initial suspension.
(2) This section does not prevent the commission and the telecommunications utility from entering into a written stipulation at any time extending any period of suspension.
(3) After full hearing, whether completed before or after such rate or schedule has gone into effect, the commission may make such order in reference thereto as would be proper in a proceeding initiated after such rate or schedule has become effective.
(4) If the commission is required to or determines to conduct a hearing on a rate or schedule of rates filed pursuant to ORS 759.180 (Hearing on reasonableness of rates), but does not order a suspension thereof, any increased revenue collected by the telecommunications utility as a result of such rate or rate schedule becoming effective shall be received subject to being refunded. If the rate or rate schedule thereafter approved by the commission is for a lesser increase or for no increase, the telecommunications utility shall refund the amount of revenues received that exceeds the amount approved as nearly as possible to the customers from whom such excess revenues were collected, by a credit against future bills or otherwise, in such manner as the commission orders.
(5) The commission may, in a suspension order, authorize an interim rate or rate schedule under which the telecommunications utility’s revenues will be increased by an amount deemed reasonable by the commission, not exceeding the amount requested by the telecommunications utility. An interim rate or rate schedule shall remain in effect until terminated by the commission. [1987 c.447 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information