Definitions for ORS 758.210 to 758.270
As used in ORS 758.210 (Policy) to 758.270 (Effect of ORS 758.210 to 758.270 on existing laws and rights), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Convert, converting or conversion means the removal of overhead electric or communication facilities and the replacement thereof with underground electric or communication facilities at the same or different locations.
(2) Electric or communication facilities means any works or improvements used or useful in providing electric or communication service, including but not limited to poles, supports, tunnels, manholes, vaults, conduits, pipes, wires, conductors, guys, stubs, platforms, crossarms, braces, transformers, insulators, cutouts, switches, capacitors, meters, communication circuits, appliances, attachments and appurtenances, and all related facilities required for the acceptance of electric or communication services; however:
(a) Electric facilities does not include any facilities used or intended to be used for the transmission of electric energy at nominal voltages in excess of 35,000 volts.
(b) Communication facilities does not include facilities used or intended to be used for the transmission of intelligence by microwave or radio, apparatus cabinets or outdoor public telephones.
(c) Electric or communication facilities does not include any electric or communication facilities owned or used by or provided for a railroad or pipeline and located upon or above the right of way of the railroad or pipeline.
(3) Landowner or owner means the owner of the title to real property or the contract purchaser of real property of record as shown on the last available complete assessment roll in the office of the county assessor.
(4) Overhead electric or communication facilities means electric or communication facilities located above the surface of the ground.
(5) Public authority means a city or county.
(6) Public lands and right of way includes rights of way for streets, roads and highways and all land or interests in land owned by a public authority.
(7) Underground assessment district or district means an assessment district created as provided by ORS 758.210 (Policy) to 758.270 (Effect of ORS 758.210 to 758.270 on existing laws and rights).
(8) Underground electric or communication facilities means electric or communication facilities located below the surface of the ground exclusive of those facilities such as substations, transformers, pull boxes, service terminals, pedestal terminals, splice closures, apparatus cabinets and similar facilities which normally are above the surface in areas where utility facilities are underground in accordance with standard underground practices.
(9) Utility means any electric or communication utility described by ORS 757.005 (Definition of public utility) or any telecommunications utility described by ORS 759.005 (Definitions), any plant owned or operated by a municipality, any person furnishing community antenna television service to the public and any cooperative corporation or peoples utility district engaged in furnishing electric or communication service to consumers. [1969 c.385 §2; 1971 c.360 §1; 1987 c.447 §100]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information