Penalty for violation of utility excavation notification provisions
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section and in addition to all other penalties provided by law, every person who violates or who procures, aids or abets in the violation of any rule of the Oregon Utility Notification Center shall incur a penalty of not more than $1,000 for the first violation and not more than $5,000 for each subsequent violation.
(2) In addition to all other penalties provided by law, every person who intentionally violates or who intentionally procures, aids or abets in the violation of any rule of the Oregon Utility Notification Center shall incur a penalty of not more than $5,000 for the first violation and not more than $10,000 for each subsequent violation.
(3) Each violation of any rule of the Oregon Utility Notification Center shall be a separate offense. In the case of a continuing violation, each day that the violation continues shall constitute a separate violation.
(4) Penalties under this section shall not be imposed except by order following complaint as provided in ORS 756.500 (Complaint) to 756.610 (Judicial review). A complaint must be filed within two years following the date of the violation.
(5) The Public Utility Commission may reduce any penalty provided in this section on such terms as the commission considers proper if:
(a) The defendant admits to the violation or violations alleged in the complaint and makes a timely request for reduction of the penalty; or
(b) The defendant submits to the commission a written request for reduction of the penalty within 15 days from the date of the penalty order.
(6) If the amount of the penalty is not paid to the commission, the Attorney General, at the request of the commission, shall bring an action in the name of the State of Oregon in the Circuit Court for Marion County to recover the penalty. The action shall not be commenced until after the time has expired for an appeal from the findings, conclusions and order of the commission.
(7) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the commission shall pay penalties recovered under this section to the Oregon Utility Notification Center.
(8) The commission shall not seek penalties under this section except in response to a complaint alleging a violation of a rule or rules adopted by the Oregon Utility Notification Center. The commission may investigate any such complaint, and the commission shall have sole discretion to seek penalties under this section. [1995 c.691 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.