Powers of Oregon Community Power
The board of directors of Oregon Community Power shall establish the policies of Oregon Community Power to be used in the exercise of the powers enumerated for Oregon Community Power or the board, and may thereafter modify those policies. The board may delegate the exercise of powers enumerated for Oregon Community Power to a president, chief executive officer or general manager of Oregon Community Power. Delegated powers shall be exercised by the delegatee in a manner that is consistent with the policies established by the board. The powers of Oregon Community Power, as exercisable by the board of directors or by a president, chief executive officer or general manager under policies adopted by the board, are as follows:
(1) To acquire and hold, including by lease-purchase agreement, real and other property necessary or incident to the business of Oregon Community Power, within or outside of, or partly within or partly outside of, the service territory of Oregon Community Power, and to sell or dispose of that property.
(2) To execute contracts to purchase, sell or lease assets, power, services or property.
(3) To execute contracts for the management or operation of any Oregon Community Power facilities.
(4) To issue bonds, notes or otherwise borrow moneys, incur indebtedness or issue, sell or assume evidence of indebtedness to the extent allowed under the Oregon Constitution.
(5) To sue and be sued.
(6) To refund and retire any indebtedness that may exist against or be assumed by Oregon Community Power or that may exist against the revenues of Oregon Community Power.
(7) To build, acquire, own, operate and maintain generation, transmission and distribution resources that are sufficient to maintain an adequate supply of electricity to the service territory.
(8) To enter into agreements with local governments or other state agencies or subdivisions of state government.
(9) To periodically develop least-cost plans at regular intervals. A least-cost plan may be developed only with public participation. A least-cost plan shall take into consideration economic and environmental risks of providing adequate and reliable energy for consumers, energy efficiency, renewable resources and cogeneration, in order to achieve adequate resources at the least overall cost.
(10) To oversee all aspects of Oregon Community Power operations.
(11) To hire and fire employees of Oregon Community Power.
(12) To make contracts, to set wages, to set salaries and provide compensation for services rendered by employees and by board members, to provide for life insurance, hospitalization, disability, health and welfare and retirement plans for employees and to do all things necessary and convenient for full exercise of the powers granted in this subsection. The provision of life insurance, hospitalization, disability, health and welfare and retirement plans for employees is in addition to any other right or power of Oregon Community Power to participate in those plans and does not repeal or modify any statutes except those that may be in conflict with the provision of life insurance, hospitalization, disability, health and welfare and retirement plans.
(13) To enter into contracts with the United States Government, with any other state, municipality or utility district or with any other person, for carrying out any provisions of ORS 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950) to 757.950 (Authorization to issue and sell revenue bonds).
(14) To fix, maintain and collect electric energy rates as prescribed in ORS 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950) to 757.950 (Authorization to issue and sell revenue bonds) and to establish and collect charges for any other commodity or service furnished, developed or sold by Oregon Community Power.
(15) To construct works across or along any street or public highway or over any lands that are the property of this state, or of any city or other subdivision of this state, subject to any franchise agreement, privilege tax or municipal regulation that would apply to the works, and to construct works across or along any stream of water or watercourse. Any works across or along any state highway shall be constructed only with the permission of the Department of Transportation. Any works across or along any county highway shall be constructed only with the permission of the county governing body. Any works across or along any city street shall be constructed only with the permission of the city governing body and upon compliance with applicable city regulations and payment of any fees called for under applicable franchise agreements, intergovernmental agreements under ORS chapter 190 or contracts providing for payment of these fees. Oregon Community Power shall restore any street or highway to its former state as near as may be practicable, and may not use the street or highway in a manner that impairs its usefulness unnecessarily.
(16) To enter into franchise agreements with cities and pay fees under negotiated franchise agreements, intergovernmental agreements under ORS chapter 190 and contracts providing for the payment of such fees, and to pay privilege taxes imposed under ORS 221.450 (Privilege tax on public utilities operating without franchise) or other applicable privilege taxes.
(18) To adopt bylaws as prescribed in ORS 757.905 (Adoption of bylaws).
(19) To make payments in lieu of property taxes as prescribed in ORS 757.883 (Payments in lieu of property taxes).
(20) To acquire property, execute contracts or otherwise conduct business with or within the territory of any state or local government that is outside Oregon, any Indian tribe wherever located or Canada or any province of Canada.
(21) To execute any contract necessary to acquire, hedge or sell fuel or energy in any form, to manage electric utility operations, to construct, maintain or repair any energy generation or transmission facilities or equipment, to increase capacity for energy generation or transmission, to transfer any asset owned by Oregon Community Power or to acquire any asset for use in electric utility operations conducted by Oregon Community Power.
(22) To establish any funds or accounts at depository banks or other financial institutions that are determined to be necessary, useful or convenient for the conduct of business by Oregon Community Power.
(23) To take any other actions necessary or convenient for the proper exercise of the powers granted to Oregon Community Power by ORS 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950) to 757.950 (Authorization to issue and sell revenue bonds). [2007 c.807 §20]
Note: See note under 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.