Board of directors
(1) Oregon Community Power shall be governed by a board of seven directors appointed by the Governor using the procedure set forth in this section.
(2)(a) Prior to making any appointment to the board, the Governor shall consider the nominations of the Oregon Community Power Board Nominating Committee.
(b) If the Governor reviews an initial slate of nominees made by the nominating committee and determines not to appoint a nominee, the Governor shall request that the nominating committee forward a second slate of nominees. If the Governor determines not to appoint a nominee from the second slate of nominees, the Governor may appoint any individual the Governor determines meets the qualifications of subsection (6) of this section.
(3) Notwithstanding the requirement that the Governor consider the nominations of the nominating committee prior to making an appointment, the Governor shall appoint an individual to be a board member within 120 days following the vacancy of a position on the board.
(5) The term of office for each board member shall be four years. A board member may be nominated and appointed to successive terms, but within 150 days prior to the expiration of the term of the member, the board shall issue a proposed direction to convene the nominating committee under ORS 757.830 (Nominating committee) for the purpose of nominating individuals to fill the board position.
(6) A member of the board shall have significant experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
(a) Business operations;
(b) Utility management;
(c) Legal or financial affairs;
(d) Regional energy issues; or
(e) Developing public policy.
(7) The Governor may remove any member of the board for cause, after notice and public hearing. [2007 c.807 §8]
Note: See note under 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950).
Note: Section 9, chapter 807, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 9. (1) Notwithstanding section 8 (5) of this 2007 Act [757.834 (Board of directors) (5)], the term of office for the first board of directors of Oregon Community Power shall be as follows:
(a) Two members shall be appointed for a term that ends one year following the date the Governor convenes the board;
(b) Two members shall be appointed for a term that ends two years following the date the Governor convenes the board;
(c) Two members shall be appointed for a term that ends three years following the date the Governor convenes the board; and
(d) One member shall be appointed for a term that ends four years following the date the Governor convenes the board.
(2) Consistent with subsection (1) of this section, the Governor shall designate the duration of the term of office of each member of the first board of directors at the time the Governor convenes the board. [2007 c.807 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.