Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950
(1) “Board” means the board of directors of Oregon Community Power.
(2) “Incumbent utility” means an investor-owned utility that is the subject of a transaction described in ORS 757.814 (Creation of acquisition review committee).
(3) “Investor-owned utility” means a utility that sells electricity and that is operated by a corporation with shareholders.
(4) “Rate” has the meaning given that term in ORS 756.010 (Definitions).
(5) “Service” has the meaning given that term in ORS 756.010 (Definitions).
(6) “Service territory” means the geographic area within which a utility provides electricity to customers. [2007 c.807 §1]
Note: 757.812 (Definitions for ORS 757.812 to 757.950) to 757.954 (City’s authority to control and collect charges for use of rights of way) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 757 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.