(1) Biogas means a mixture of carbon dioxide and hydrocarbons, primarily methane gas, released from the biological decomposition of organic materials.
(2) Biomass has the meaning given that term in ORS 315.141 (Biomass production or collection).
(3) Large natural gas utility means a natural gas utility with 200,000 or more customer accounts in Oregon.
(4) Natural gas utility means a public utility providing natural gas service to customers.
(5)(a) Qualified investment means any capital investment in renewable natural gas infrastructure incurred by a natural gas utility for the purpose of providing natural gas service under a renewable natural gas program described in ORS 757.396 (Participating large natural gas utilities) or 757.398 (Small natural gas utilities).
(b) Qualified investment does not mean an investment in a biogas production project by:
(A) A single livestock operation that produces more than 250 standard cubic feet of biogas per minute; or
(B) A single biogas source that produces more than 1,000 standard cubic feet of biogas per minute.
(6) Renewable energy sources means hydroelectric, geothermal, solar photovoltaic, wind, tidal, wave, biomass or biogas energy sources.
(7) Renewable natural gas means any of the following products processed to meet pipeline quality standards or transportation fuel grade requirements:
(a) Biogas that is upgraded to meet natural gas pipeline quality standards such that it may blend with, or substitute for, geologic natural gas;
(b) Hydrogen gas derived from renewable energy sources; or
(c) Methane gas derived from any combination of:
(B) Hydrogen gas or carbon oxides derived from renewable energy sources; or
(C) Waste carbon dioxide.
(8) Renewable natural gas infrastructure means all equipment and facilities for the production, processing, pipeline interconnection and distribution of renewable natural gas to be furnished to Oregon customers.
(9) Small natural gas utility means a natural gas utility with fewer than 200,000 customer accounts in Oregon. [2019 c.541 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information