Definitions for ORS 757.360 to 757.380
(1) "Electric company" has the meaning given that term in ORS 757.600 (Definitions for ORS 757.600 to 757.689).
(2) "Nameplate capacity" means the maximum rated output of a generator or other electric power production equipment under specific conditions designated by the manufacturer.
(3) "Qualifying system" means:
(a) An alternative energy system used for emergency backup power by a state agency or facility that is at least 30 percent more efficient than existing agency or facility sources, including fuel cells; or
(b) A solar photovoltaic energy system that:
(A) Directly connects to an electric company’s electrical system within this state or indirectly connects through the system of an electric company’s retail electricity consumer or the electric system of a third party that is not an electric company’s retail electricity consumer but whose system is located within this state;
(B) Has meters or other devices in place to monitor and measure the quantity of energy generated by the solar photovoltaic energy system; and
(C) Meets any other siting, design, interconnection, installation and electric output standards and codes required by the laws of this state.
(4) "Residential qualifying system" means a qualifying system with a nameplate capacity of 10 kilowatts or less.
(5) "Resource value" means the estimated value to an electric company of the electricity delivered from a solar photovoltaic energy system associated with:
(a) The avoided cost of energy, including avoided fuel price volatility, minus the costs of firming and shaping the electricity generated from the facility; and
(b) Avoided distribution and transmission cost.
(6) "Retail electricity consumer" means a retail electricity consumer, as defined in ORS 757.600 (Definitions for ORS 757.600 to 757.689), that is located in Oregon and is served by an electric company.
(7) "Small commercial qualifying system" means a qualifying system with a nameplate capacity greater than 10 kilowatts and less than or equal to 100 kilowatts.
(8) "Solar photovoltaic energy system" means equipment and devices that have the primary purpose of collecting solar energy and generating electricity by photovoltaic effect. [2009 c.748 §1; 2010 c.78 §1]
Note: 757.360 (Definitions for ORS 757.360 to 757.380) to 757.385 (Allowance of fair and reasonable rates) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 757 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.