Tariff schedules for energy resource measures
- • rules
(1) The Public Utility Commission may authorize a public utility, upon application of the utility, to file and place into effect a tariff schedule establishing rates or charges for the cost of energy resource measures provided to an individual property owner or customer pursuant to an agreement entered into between the individual property owner or customer and the public utility. Energy resource measures provided under this section may include:
(a) The installation of renewable energy generation facilities on the property of property owners or the premises of customers;
(b) The implementation of energy conservation measures, including measures that are not cost-effective;
(c) The installation of equipment or devices or the implementation of measures that enable demand reduction, peak load reduction, improved integration of renewable energy generation or more effective utilization of energy resources;
(d) Loans for the purposes described in paragraphs (a) to (c) of this subsection; and
(e) Direct payments to third parties for the purposes described in paragraphs (a) to (c) of this subsection.
(2) Subject to the agreement entered into between the individual property owner or customer and the public utility, a tariff schedule placed into effect under this section may include provisions for:
(a) The payment of the rates or charges over a period of time;
(b) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, a reasonable rate of return on any investment made by the public utility;
(c) The application of any payment obligation to successive owners of the property to which the energy resource measure is attached or to successive customers located at the premises to which the energy resource measure is attached; and
(d) The application of the payment obligation to the current property owner or customer alone, secured by methods agreed to by the property owner or customer and the public utility.
(3) Application of a tariff schedule under this section is subject to approval by the commission.
(4) If a payment obligation applies to successive property owners or customers as described in subsection (2)(c) of this section, a public utility shall record a notice of the payment obligation in the records maintained by the county clerk under ORS 205.130 (Recording duties of county clerk). The commission may prescribe by rule other methods by which the public utility shall notify property owners or customers of such payment obligations.
(5) A public utility may use moneys obtained through a rate established under ORS 757.603 (Electric company required to provide cost-of-service rate option to all retail electricity consumers) (2)(a) to provide a renewable energy generation facility to a property owner or customer under this section. A public utility may not charge interest to a property owner or customer for a renewable energy generation facility acquired with moneys obtained through a rate established under ORS 757.603 (Electric company required to provide cost-of-service rate option to all retail electricity consumers) (2)(a).
(6) Agreements entered into and tariff schedules placed into effect under this section are not subject to ORS 470.500 (Goals) to 470.710 (Apprenticeship and job training), 757.612 (Requirements for public purpose expenditures) or 757.689 (Recovery of costs of energy conservation measures in rates of electric company). [1991 c.268 §2; 2007 c.885 §3; 2013 c.344 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.