As used in ORS chapters 756, 757, 758 and 759, except as otherwise specifically provided or unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Commission” means the Public Utility Commission of Oregon.
(2) “Commissioner” means a member of the Public Utility Commission of Oregon.
(3) “Customer” includes the patrons, passengers, shippers, subscribers, users of the service and consumers of the product of a public utility or telecommunications utility.
(4) “Municipality” means any city, municipal corporation or quasi-municipal corporation.
(5) “Person” includes individuals, joint ventures, partnerships, corporations and associations or their officers, employees, agents, lessees, assignees, trustees or receivers.
(6) “Public utility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 757.005 (Definition of public utility).
(7) “Rate” means any fare, charge, joint rate, schedule or groups of rates or other remuneration or compensation for service.
(8) “Service” is used in its broadest and most inclusive sense and includes equipment and facilities related to providing the service or the product served.
(9) “Telecommunications utility” has the meaning given that term in ORS 759.005 (Definitions). [Amended by 1971 c.655 §2; 1973 c.776 §14; 1977 c.337 §1; 1985 c.834 §6; 1987 c.447 §75; 1991 c.841 §1; 1995 c.733 §52]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.