As used in this chapter:
(2) Benefit member means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
(3) Certificate means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
(4) Impaired means either:
(a) For a society that does not write variable contracts, whenever its assets are less than its total liabilities; or
(b) For a society that does write variable contracts, whenever its assets are less than its total liabilities, plus the required surplus for a mutual life insurer to write such contracts.
(5) Laws means the societys articles of incorporation, constitution and bylaws, however designated.
(6) Lodge means subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, branches or by any other designation.
(7) Premiums means premiums, rates, dues or other required contributions by whatever name known, which are payable under the certificate.
(8) Rules means all rules, regulations or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
(9) Society means fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated. [1987 c.490 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.