Genetic information used for treatment
- • authorization
- • disclosure
(1) Notwithstanding ORS 192.537 (Individual’s rights in genetic information) (3), a health insurer may retain genetic information of an individual without obtaining an authorization from the individual or a personal representative of the individual if the retention is for treatment, payment or health care operations by the insurer.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 192.539 (Disclosure of genetic information) (1), a health insurer may disclose genetic information of an individual without obtaining an authorization from the individual or a personal representative of the individual if the insurer discloses the genetic information in accordance with ORS 746.607 (Use and disclosure of personal information) (3).
(3) As used in this section, “retain genetic information” has the meaning given that term in ORS 192.531 (Definitions for ORS 192.531 to 192.549).
(4) As used in this section, “health care operations” does not include underwriting activities.
(5) Nothing in this section shall be construed to interfere with or limit the requirements of ORS 746.135 (Genetic tests and information). [2007 c.800 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information