Personal representative of deceased person
If no person has been appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 or a person appointed as a personal representative under ORS chapter 113 has been discharged, the personal representative of a deceased individual shall be the first of the following persons, in the following order, who may be located upon reasonable effort by the covered entity and who is willing to serve as the personal representative:
(1) A person appointed as guardian under ORS 125.305 (Order of appointment), 419B.372 (Guardianship as incident of custody), 419C.481 (Guardianship and legal custody of youth offender committed to Oregon Youth Authority) or 419C.555 (Authority to appoint guardian) with authority to make medical and health care decisions at the time of the individual’s death.
(2) The individual’s spouse.
(3) An adult designated in writing by the persons listed in this section, if no person listed in this section objects to the designation.
(4) A majority of the adult children of the individual who can be located.
(5) Either parent of the individual or an individual acting in loco parentis to the individual.
(6) A majority of the adult siblings of the individual who can be located.
(7) Any adult relative or adult friend. [2005 c.253 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.