Information privacy standards for health insurers
ORS 746.607 (Use and disclosure of personal information) and 746.608 (Rules) establish standards for health insurers that are subject to the information privacy provisions of both the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (P.L. 104-191) and the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (P.L. 106-102). These standards address:
(1) Use and disclosure of personal information;
(2) Access of individuals to personal information;
(3) Notice of privacy practices for personal information;
(4) Amendment of personal information; and
(5) Accounting of disclosures of personal information. [2003 c.87 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.