The purpose of ORS 746.600 (Definitions for ORS 746.600 to 746.690) to 746.690 (Obtaining information under false pretenses prohibited) is to:
(1) Establish standards for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information gathered in connection with insurance transactions by insurers, insurance producers or insurance-support organizations;
(2) Maintain a balance between the need for personal information by those conducting the business of insurance and the public’s need for fairness in insurance information practices, including the need to minimize intrusiveness;
(3) Establish a regulatory mechanism to enable natural persons to ascertain what personal information is being or has been collected about them in connection with insurance transactions and to have access to this personal information for the purpose of verifying or disputing its accuracy;
(4) Limit the disclosure of personal information collected in connection with insurance transactions; and
(5) Enable insurance applicants and policyholders to obtain the reasons for any adverse underwriting decision. [1981 c.649 §2; 1987 c.490 §51; 2003 c.87 §7; 2003 c.364 §152]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.