Definitions for ORS 744.850 to 744.858
(1) “Limited license” means a license issued under ORS 744.852 (Limited license for rental companies) that authorizes a rental company to offer or sell insurance as provided in ORS 744.854 (Kinds of insurance authorized by limited license).
(2) “Rental agreement” means a written agreement setting forth the terms and conditions governing use of a vehicle provided by a rental company for rent.
(3) “Rental company” means a person or entity in the business of providing vehicles to the public under a rental agreement for a period of 90 days or less.
(4) “Renter” means a person obtaining the use of a vehicle from a rental company for a period of 90 days or less.
(5) “Vehicle” means an automobile, van, minivan, sports utility vehicle, cargo van, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, trailer, pickup truck or truck with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds that does not require a commercial driver license to operate. [1999 c.485 §2; 2007 c.719 §1]
Note: 744.850 (Definitions for ORS 744.850 to 744.858) to 744.858 (Revocation or suspension of limited license) were added to and made a part of the Insurance Code by legislative action but were not added to ORS chapter 744 or any series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.