Disposition of charges and premiums
(1) A third party administrator shall hold in a fiduciary capacity all insurance charges or premiums collected by the third party administrator on behalf of or for an insurer, and all return premiums received from the insurer. The third party administrator shall immediately remit all charges, premiums or return premiums to the person entitled to them or shall deposit them promptly in a fiduciary account established and maintained by the third party administrator in a federally or state insured financial institution. The fiduciary account may be used only for deposits authorized under this subsection.
(2) If the charges or premiums deposited in a fiduciary account have been collected on behalf of or for one or more insurers, a third party administrator shall keep records clearly recording the deposits in and withdrawals from the account on behalf of each insurer. The third party administrator shall keep copies of all such records and, upon request of an insurer, shall furnish the insurer with copies of the records pertaining to such deposits and withdrawals.
(3) A third party administrator shall not pay any claim by withdrawals from a fiduciary account in which premiums or charges are deposited.
(4) All claims by a third party administrator from funds collected on behalf of the insurer shall be paid only on drafts of and as authorized by the insurer.
(5) A third party administrator that is an insurance producer licensed under this chapter need not comply with this section if the third party administrator is in compliance with ORS 744.083 (Trust account for premium funds) or 744.084 (Certificate of deposit in lieu of trust account) with respect to the premiums, charges and return premiums referred to in this section. [1991 c.812 §17; 2003 c.364 §131]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.