The following persons are not insurance consultants for the purposes of this chapter, and the prohibition in ORS 744.605 (Insurance consultant’s license required) does not apply to them:
(1) Any attorney-at-law rendering services in the performance of duties of an attorney-at-law.
(2) Any certified public accountant or public accountant rendering services in the performance of the duties of a certified public accountant or public accountant, as authorized by law.
(3) Any person who, while conducting an educational seminar, performs any of the activities described in ORS 744.605 (Insurance consultant’s license required) (1)(b).
(4) Any financial institution, as defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act), or consumer finance licensee under ORS chapter 725.
(5) Any actuary who is a member of an organization determined by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services as establishing standards for the actuarial profession.
(6) A person who provides or offers or purports to provide any of the services described in ORS 744.605 (Insurance consultant’s license required) only to an insurance producer or an authorized insurer. [1985 c.697 §3; 1989 c.701 §54; 1991 c.810 §16; 1997 c.419 §2; 1999 c.59 §228; 2003 c.364 §123]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.