- • standards
The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may adopt rules for the purpose of carrying out ORS 744.318 (Definitions for ORS 744.318 to 744.384) to 744.384 (Rules), 744.991 (Criminal penalties) and 744.992 (Civil penalties). In addition:
(1) The director may establish standards for evaluating reasonableness of payments under life settlement contracts for persons who are terminally ill or chronically ill. The authority includes but is not limited to regulation of discount rates used to determine the amount paid in exchange for assignment, transfer, sale, devise or bequest of a benefit under a life insurance policy insuring the life of a person who is terminally ill or chronically ill. For the purpose of the standards, the director shall consider payments made in regional and national life settlement markets, to the extent such information is available, as well as model standards developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
(2) The director may establish trade practice standards by rule for the purpose of regulating advertising and solicitation of life settlement contracts.
(3) The director may adopt rules governing the relationship and responsibilities of both insurers and life settlement providers, life settlement brokers and life settlement investment agents during the settlement of a life insurance policy or certificate.
(4) The director may adopt rules governing disclosure by a life settlement provider or broker to an insured of the tax implications and effect on life insurance capacity of a life settlement.
(5) The director may adopt rules governing the confidentiality of an insureds personal financial or medical information provided to a life settlement broker, life settlement provider or life settlement investment agent. [Formerly 744.358]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information