(1) “Business entity” has the meaning given that term in ORS 731.116 (“Person”).
(2) “Limited travel insurance producer” means:
(a) A managing general agent licensed under ORS 744.300 (License and indorsement) to ORS 744.316 (Authority of director if managing general agent violates provisions of ORS 744.300 to 744.316); or
(b) An insurance producer licensed under ORS 744.052 (Definitions for ORS 744.052 to 744.089) to 744.089 (Report of administrative action taken against insurance producer) to negotiate, sell or solicit travel insurance.
(3) “Negotiate” has the meaning given that term in ORS 731.104 (“Insurance producer”).
(4) “Offer and disseminate travel insurance” means:
(a) To provide general information regarding the travel insurance, including a description of coverage and price;
(b) To disseminate and process applications for travel insurance coverage; or
(c) To collect premiums on behalf of a limited travel insurance producer.
(5) “Sell” has the meaning given that term in ORS 731.104 (“Insurance producer”).
(6) “Solicit” has the meaning given that term in ORS 731.104 (“Insurance producer”).
(7)(a) “Travel insurance” means insurance coverage for personal risks incidental to planned travel, including:
(A) Interruption or cancellation of a trip or event;
(B) Loss of baggage or personal effects;
(C) Damages to accommodations or rental vehicles; or
(D) Sickness, accident, disability or death occurring during travel.
(b) “Travel insurance” does not include medical plans providing comprehensive medical protection for travelers with trips lasting six months or longer.
(8) “Travel retailer” means a business entity that makes travel arrangements for or provides other travel services to customers. [2015 c.675 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.