Nonresident insurance producer license
- • fee
(1) Unless the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services refuses to issue or renew a license pursuant to ORS 744.074 (Authority of director to place licensee on probation or to suspend, revoke or refuse to issue or renew license), a nonresident person shall receive a nonresident insurance producer license if:
(a) The person is currently licensed as a resident insurance producer and is in good standing in the person’s home state;
(b) The person has submitted the proper request for a nonresident insurance producer license and has paid the applicable fees;
(c) The person has submitted or transmitted to the director the resident insurance producer license application that the person submitted to the person’s home state, or in lieu of that application, a completed Uniform Application; and
(d) The person’s home state grants nonresident insurance producer licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.
(2) The director may verify the insurance producer’s licensing status through the Producer Database maintained by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, its affiliates or subsidiaries.
(3) A nonresident insurance producer licensed in this state who moves from one state to another state or a resident insurance producer who moves from this state to another state shall file with the director a change of address and provide certification from the new resident state not later than the 30th day after the change of legal residence. No fee or license application is required under this subsection.
(4) A person licensed as a surplus lines insurance producer in the person’s home state shall receive a nonresident surplus lines insurance producer license pursuant to subsection (1) of this section. Except as provided in subsection (1) of this section, nothing in this section supersedes any provision of ORS 735.400 (Purposes of ORS 735.400 to 735.495) to 735.495 (Short title).
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of ORS 744.052 (Definitions for ORS 744.052 to 744.089) to 744.089 (Report of administrative action taken against insurance producer), the director shall issue a nonresident limited class insurance producer license pursuant to subsection (1) of this section to a person who is licensed as a limited class credit insurance producer or as another type of limited class insurance producer under the laws of the person’s home state that restrict the authority of the license to less than the authority prescribed in ORS 744.062 (Issuance of insurance producer license) for the classes of life insurance, health insurance, property insurance or casualty insurance.
(6) A license for the class of title insurance may not be issued to a nonresident insurance producer.
(7) The director is the attorney in fact of a person to whom a license is issued under this section, and upon whom all legal process in any action or proceeding against the person may be served. Any legal process against the person that is served upon the director has the same legal force and validity as if served upon the person. The authority of the director under this subsection continues as long as any liability remains outstanding in this state. The director becomes the attorney in fact of the person on the date that the director issues the nonresident insurance producer license to the person. [2001 c.191 §7; 2003 c.364 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.