Cash dividends for healthy behaviors
(1) As used in this section, "healthy behaviors" means participating in constructive behaviors that encourage fitness, healthy eating and other activities that are beneficial to good health.
(2) An insurer offering a health benefit plan, as defined in ORS 743B.005 (Definitions), may pay cash dividends to enrollees in the plan who participate in a program approved by the insurer that promotes healthy behaviors.
(3) Dividends paid pursuant to this section are not premium variations for the purposes of ORS 743.022 (Premium rates for individual health benefit plans). [2009 c.461 §2]
Note: 743.824 (Cash dividends for healthy behaviors) and 743.826 (Requirements for catastrophic plans) were added to and made a part of the Insurance Code by legislative action but were not added to ORS chapter 743 or any series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
Note: Sections 1 and 2, chapter 484, Oregon Laws 2013, provide:
Sec. 1. Section 2 of this 2013 Act is added to and made a part of the Insurance Code. [2013 c.484 §1]
Sec. 2. (1) The Department of Consumer and Business Services, in consultation with the Oregon Health Authority, shall apply to the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services to participate in a wellness program demonstration project under 42 U.S.C. 300gg-4(l).
(2) The department shall adopt rules establishing requirements for an insurer’s implementation of a wellness program as part of the demonstration project.
(3) ORS 743.824 (Cash dividends for healthy behaviors) applies to any wellness program implemented as part of the demonstration project. [2013 c.484 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.