Rate filing to include prescription drug cost information
- • reports to Legislative Assembly
(1) An insurer shall include with any filing under ORS 743.018 (Filing of rates for life and health insurance) the following information regarding drugs reimbursed by the insurer under policies or certificates issued in this state:
(a) The 25 most frequently prescribed drugs;
(b) The 25 most costly drugs as a portion of total annual spending;
(c) The 25 drugs that have caused the greatest increase in total plan spending from one year to the next; and
(d) The impact of the costs of prescription drugs on premium rates.
(2) The Department of Consumer and Business Services shall conduct a public hearing annually on prescription drug prices, information reported to the department under ORS 646A.689 (Requirement to report certain information concerning drug manufacturing and pricing) and information described in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) The department shall regularly update the interim committees of the Legislative Assembly related to health on the information described in subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Subsection (1) of this section applies to an insurer that issues policies or certificates of health insurance for sale in this state that include a prescription drug benefit. [2018 c.7 §5]
Note: 743.025 (Rate filing to include prescription drug cost information) was added to and made a part of the Insurance Code by legislative action but was not added to ORS chapter 743 or any series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information