Personal vehicle sharing program requirements
For each vehicle that the program facilitates the use of, a personal vehicle sharing program shall:
(1) Provide a program insurance policy with coverage for the vehicle, the designated operator of the vehicle and all persons who, with the consent of the named insured, use the motor vehicle insured under the policy. The limits for any coverage included in the program insurance policy that is also included in the owner’s insurance policy must be equal to or greater than the coverage limits provided in the owner’s insurance policy, as reported to the program by the owner. However, the program may not provide liability coverage that is less than three times the limits specified in ORS 806.070 (Minimum payment schedule).
(2) Provide the vehicle’s registered owner with a proof of compliance with the insurance requirements of this section and the financial or future responsibility requirements of ORS chapter 806, a copy of which must be maintained in the vehicle by the vehicle’s registered owner at all times when the vehicle is operated by any person other than the vehicle’s registered owner pursuant to the program.
(3) Collect, maintain and make available to the vehicle’s registered owner, the vehicle’s registered owner’s primary motor vehicle liability insurer and any government agency as required by law, at the cost of the program:
(a) Verifiable electronic records that identify the date and time, initial and final locations of the vehicle and miles driven when the vehicle is under the control of a person other than the vehicle’s registered owner pursuant to the program; and
(b) Any information concerning damages or injuries arising out of personal vehicle sharing pursuant to the program.
(4) Not knowingly permit the vehicle to be operated as a commercial vehicle by a personal vehicle sharing user while engaged in personal vehicle sharing. For the purposes of this subsection, “commercial vehicle” has the meaning given that term in ORS 826.001 (Definitions).
(5) Ensure that the vehicle is a private passenger motor vehicle.
(6) Facilitate the installation, operation and maintenance of signage and computer hardware and software necessary for the vehicle to be used in the program.
(7) Indemnify the vehicle’s registered owner for the cost of damage or theft of equipment installed under subsection (6) of this section and any damage caused to the vehicle by the installation, operation or maintenance of the equipment.
(8) Provide the vehicle’s registered owner and any person operating the vehicle pursuant to the program with a disclosure that contains information explaining the requirements of this section. [2011 c.457 §3]
Note: See note under 742.585 (Definitions for ORS 742.585 to 742.600).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.