Renewal of policies
- • requirements for refusal to renew
(1) An insurer shall offer renewal of a policy, contingent upon payment of premium as stated in the offer, to an insured unless the insurer mails or delivers to the named insured, at the address shown in the policy, at least 30 days’ advance notice of nonrenewal. Such notice shall contain or be accompanied by a statement of the reason or reasons for nonrenewal.
(2) The insurer shall not be required to notify the named insured or any other insured of nonrenewal of the policy if the insurer has mailed or delivered a notice of expiration or cancellation on or prior to the 30th day preceding expiration of the policy period.
(3) Notwithstanding the failure of an insurer to comply with this section, the policy shall terminate on the effective date of any replacement or succeeding automobile insurance policy, with respect to any automobile designated in both policies.
(4) An insurer may not refuse to renew a policy for the reason that the driving privileges of the named insured or any operator either resident in the same household or who customarily operates an automobile insured under the policy were suspended pursuant to ORS 809.280 (Department procedures following court order of suspension or revocation) (6) or (8) if the suspension was based on a nondriving offense. [Formerly 743.916; 1991 c.860 §7b; 2011 c.355 §24]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.