Definitions for ORS 742.560 to 742.572
(1) "Cancellation" means termination of coverage by an insurer, other than termination at the request of the insured, during a policy period.
(2) "Expiration" means termination of coverage by reason of the policy having reached the end of the term for which it was issued or the end of the period for which a premium has been paid.
(3) "Nonpayment of premium" means failure of the named insured to discharge when due any of the insured’s obligations in connection with the payment of premiums on the policy, or any installment of such premium, whether the premium is payable directly to the insurer or an insurance producer who is its agent or indirectly under any premium finance plan or extension of credit.
(4) "Nonrenewal" means a notice by an insurer to the named insured that the insurer is unwilling to renew a policy.
(5) "Policy" means any insurance policy that provides automobile liability coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, automobile medical payments coverage or automobile physical damage coverage on individually owned private passenger vehicles, including pickup and panel trucks and station wagons, that are not used as a public or livery conveyance for passengers, nor rented to others. However, ORS 742.560 (Definitions for ORS 742.560 to 742.572) to 742.572 (Immunity from liability of persons furnishing information regarding cancellation or nonrenewal of policies) do not apply to any policy:
(a) Issued under an automobile assigned risk plan;
(b) Insuring more than four automobiles;
(c) Covering garage, automobile sales agency, repair shop, service station or public parking place operation hazards; or
(d) Issued principally to cover personal or premises liability of an insured even though such insurance may also provide some incidental coverage for liability arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of a motor vehicle on the premises of such insured or on the ways immediately adjoining such premises.
(6) "Renewal" or "to renew" means to continue coverage for an additional policy period upon expiration of the current policy period of a policy. Any policy with a policy period or term of less than six months shall for the purpose of ORS 742.560 (Definitions for ORS 742.560 to 742.572) to 742.572 (Immunity from liability of persons furnishing information regarding cancellation or nonrenewal of policies) be considered as if written for a policy period or term of six months. Any policy written for a term longer than one year or any policy with no fixed expiration date shall for the purpose of ORS 742.560 (Definitions for ORS 742.560 to 742.572) to 742.572 (Immunity from liability of persons furnishing information regarding cancellation or nonrenewal of policies) be considered as if written for successive policy periods or terms of one year but not extending beyond the actual term for which the policy was written. [Formerly 743.900; 2003 c.364 §103; 2007 c.71 §239]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.