Effective date and time of coverage
- • applicability
(1) Except as provided in subsections (2), (4) and (5) of this section, every policy of insurance shall contain a provision stating that coverage commences at 12:01 a.m. of the date upon which the insurance takes effect.
(2) A policy of insurance may provide that the time at which coverage commences shall not be prior to the time at which the policy of insurance is applied for.
(3) Any statement of time in a policy shall mean time according to the legal standard of time in effect:
(a) If the policy insures real property, at the location of such property; or
(b) If the policy does not insure real property, at the principal place of business within Oregon of the insured; or, if the insured has no place of business within Oregon, at the residence within Oregon of the insured.
(4) A binder or other contract for temporary insurance may commence coverage at an hour different from 12:01 a.m. in order to provide coverage from the agreed hour of commencement of coverage to 12:01 a.m. of the date on which the written policy as to which such binder or other contract was issued takes effect.
(5) This section does not apply to life, health, mortgage, title, surety or wet marine and transportation insurance. [Formerly 743.080]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.