Health insurance exchange
- • legislative intent
It is the intent of the Legislative Assembly that the health insurance exchange be administered in such a manner as to:
(1) Incorporate the goals of improving the lifelong health of all Oregonians, increasing the quality, reliability and availability of health insurance for all Oregonians and lowering or containing the cost of health insurance so that health insurance is affordable to everyone.
(2) Promote the public interest and for the benefit of the people and businesses that obtain health insurance coverage for themselves, their families and their employees through the exchange.
(3) Empower Oregonians by giving them the information and tools they need to make health insurance choices that meet their needs and values.
(4) Improve health care quality and public health, mitigate health disparities linked to race, ethnicity, primary language and similar factors, control costs and ensure access to affordable, equitable and high-quality health care throughout this state.
(5) Be accountable to the public.
(6) Encourage the development of new health insurance products that offer innovative:
(a) Benefit packages for the coverage of health care services;
(b) Health care delivery systems; and
(c) Payment mechanisms. [2011 c.415 §2; 2015 c.3 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.