Conditions for policyholder surcharge
(1) Upon a determination of the board of directors that the joint underwriting association will be unable to pay its outstanding lawful obligations as they mature, the board shall certify the existence of this condition to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services. A schedule for policyholder surcharges shall be submitted by the board at the time of certification.
(2) The surcharge schedule shall become final 30 days after certification unless the director finds, after a public hearing, that the surcharge amounts are unreasonable or unjustifiable. Such surcharges may be adjusted to take into consideration the past and prospective loss and expense experience in different geographical areas within the state. Such surcharges shall be in addition to and not in lieu of the premiums charged for the coverages provided.
(3) Moneys collected in accordance with subsection (2) of this section shall be held in a fund separate from other joint underwriting association funds. Such funds shall be invested in accordance with applicable law governing publicly held trust funds. The association shall file an annual financial statement covering such funds.
(4) Surcharge funds shall be subject to the control of the board of directors and may be used to satisfy the legal obligations of the joint underwriting association.
(5) No part of the profit or loss of the joint underwriting association shall inure to the benefit of any member insurer or be an obligation of any member insurer. [1987 c.774 §82]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.