Association board of directors
- • appointment
- • compensation, expenses of members
- • quorum
(1) The board of directors of the Oregon FAIR Plan Association shall consist of five members selected by the member insurers, subject to the approval of the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, and four persons selected by the Governor, one of whom shall be an insurance producer holding an appointment as an Oregon insurance producer of a member insurer. Of the other three persons appointed by the Governor, one shall be a resident of a county of over 400,000 population and none shall have been an employee or insurance producer of a member insurer. The term of each member shall be as specified in the plan, but in no event for longer than four years. A vacancy on the board shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner as for the initial selection.
(2) In making or approving selections to the board, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services shall consider among other things whether member insurers are fairly represented.
(3) A member of the board shall receive no compensation for services as a member. However, a member shall be reimbursed from the assets of the association for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by the member in the performance of duties.
(4) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. [1971 c.321 §7; 1979 c.818 §2a; 2003 c.364 §88]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.