Notifying director of impaired insurers
- • examination
- • reports on impaired insurers
To aid in the detection and prevention of insurer impairments and insolvencies:
(1) The board of directors shall, upon majority vote, notify the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services of any information indicating any member insurer may be an impaired insurer or insolvent insurer.
(2) The board of directors may, upon majority vote, request that the director order an examination of any member insurer which the board in good faith believes to be an impaired or insolvent insurer. The director may conduct such examination. The examination may be conducted as a National Association of Insurance Commissioners examination or may be conducted by such persons as the director designates. The cost of such examination shall be paid by the Oregon Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association and the examination report shall be treated as are other examination reports in this state. In no event shall the examination report be released to the board of directors of the association prior to its release to the public, but this shall not excuse the director from the obligation to comply with subsection (3) of this section. The director shall notify the board of directors when the examination is completed. The request for an examination shall be kept on file by the director but it shall not be open to public inspection prior to the release of the examination report to the public and shall be released at that time only if the examination discloses that the examined insurer is an impaired insurer or insolvent insurer.
(3) The director shall report to the board of directors when the director has reasonable cause to believe that any member insurer examined at the request of the board of directors may be an impaired insurer or insolvent insurer.
(4) The board of directors may, upon majority vote, make reports and recommendations to the director upon any matter germane to the solvency, liquidation, rehabilitation or conservation of any member insurer. Such reports and recommendations shall not be considered public records.
(5) The board of directors may, upon majority vote, make recommendations to the director for the detection and prevention of insurer impairments or insolvencies.
(6) The board of directors shall, at the conclusion of any insurer impairment or insolvency in which the association carried out its duties under ORS 734.750 (Short title) to 734.890 (Association not to be used in sales or solicitation) or exercised any of its powers under ORS 734.750 (Short title) to 734.890 (Association not to be used in sales or solicitation), prepare a report on the history and causes of such impairment or insolvency, based on the information available to the association, and submit such report to the director. [1975 c.251 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.