Notifying director of impaired insurers
- • examination
- • reports on impaired insurers
(1) Whenever the board obtains any information indicating that any member insurer is impaired or in a financial condition hazardous to the policyholders or the public, the board shall so notify the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(2) The board may request the director to examine any member insurer that the board in good faith believes to be impaired or in a financial condition hazardous to the policyholders or the public. The director shall cause the examination to begin within 30 days after the receipt of any such request. Except as otherwise provided in ORS 734.510 (Definitions for ORS 734.510 to 734.710) to 734.710 (Administration of delinquency proceeding claims and expenses), the examination shall be conducted as provided in ORS chapter 731.
(3) The director shall report the results of an examination to the board and shall notify the board whenever the director has reasonable cause to believe during an examination that the insurer is impaired or insolvent. The results of the completed examination shall not be released to the board before release to the public. The request for examination shall not be available for public inspection before release of the results of the examination to the public.
(4) The board may make such reports and recommendations to the director regarding the insolvency, liquidation, rehabilitation or conservation of member insurers as the board considers appropriate. Any such reports or recommendations are not public records. [1971 c.616 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information