- • rules
(1) Each member insurer subject to an Oregon Insurance Guaranty Association assessment pursuant to ORS 734.570 (Required functions of association) (3) shall recoup the amount of the assessment through a recoupment assessment imposed on net direct written premiums. The member insurer shall fix the amount of the recoupment assessment at an amount sufficient to reimburse the member insurer for the amount of Oregon Insurance Guaranty Association assessments paid by the member insurer.
(2) Each member insurer shall annually certify to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services the total amount of recoupment assessments assessed for the year and that the amount assessed does not exceed the amount of Oregon Insurance Guaranty Association assessments imposed and not previously recouped or offset against corporate excise taxes or fire insurance gross premiums taxes.
(3) The director may by rule establish a minimum threshold for which a recoupment assessment under subsection (1) of this section need not be made.
(4) The Department of Consumer and Business Services, pursuant to rules adopted by the director, may audit member insurer determinations of recoupment assessments.
(5) Recoupment assessments shall be separately stated on premium billing statements. Recoupment assessments may not be considered gross premiums for any purpose. [2003 c.568 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.