Disclaimer of affiliation
- • contents
- • subsequent duty to register
- • disallowance of disclaimers by director
(1) Any person, insurer or member of an insurance holding company system may file with the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services a disclaimer of affiliation with any authorized insurer. The disclaimer must fully disclose all material relationships and bases for affiliation between the person, insurer or member and the insurer to which the disclaimer of affiliation applies, as well as the basis for disclaiming the affiliation.
(2) After the person, insurer or member files a disclaimer, the person, insurer or member and the insurer to which the disclaimer applies are relieved of any duty to register or report under ORS 732.517 (Purpose of ORS 732.517 to 732.546) to 732.596 (Request by insurance holding company system for determination or acknowledgement of group-wide supervisor) that may arise out of the insurer’s relationship with the person, insurer or member of the insurance holding company system that filed the disclaimer unless the director disallows the disclaimer.
(3) A disclaimer that the person, insurer or member of the insurance holding company system files under this section is effective unless within 30 days after the director receives the disclaimer the director notifies the person, the insurer or the member of the insurance holding company system that director has disallowed the disclaimer.
(4) The director shall grant a hearing if the person, insurer or member of an insurance holding company system that filed the disclaimer requests a hearing. [Formerly 732.695; 2013 c.370 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.