Adjustment of amount to be prepaid for taxes
- • extension of time for payment
- • interest
- • penalty for late payment
(1) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may grant, for good cause shown, a request for an adjustment of the amount of the prepayment due under ORS 731.822 (Prepayment of tax due) or an extension of time for payment of taxes under ORS 731.808 (“Gross amount of premiums” defined) to 731.828 (Computation of wet marine and transportation insurance tax) and 731.859 (Applicability of retaliatory provisions). The extension shall be requested no later than the due date and may not exceed 30 days or one month, whichever is longer, except that an extension of time for payments under ORS 731.822 (Prepayment of tax due) may not exceed 10 days.
(2) Interest at the rate of two-thirds of one percent per month or fraction of a month shall accrue on any such tax payment not made by the due date (determined without regard to extensions).
(3) A penalty of 10 percent of the tax amount shall be imposed upon any late payment of any such tax, except for a payment made within an extension period as provided in subsection (1) of this section or when the director believes extenuating circumstances justify waiver of the penalty. [1975 c.230 §2; 1980 c.10 §4; 1995 c.786 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.