“Insurer” defined for ORS 731.592 and 731.594
As used in ORS 731.592 (Reporting criminal conduct involving insurance) and 731.594 (Immunity from civil liability), “insurer” includes, but is not limited to:
(1) An insurer, as defined in ORS 731.106 (“Insurer”).
(2) A health care service contractor, as defined in ORS 750.005 (Definitions), including, but not limited to, a health maintenance organization.
(3) A multiple employer welfare arrangement, as defined in ORS 750.301 (Definitions for ORS 750.301 to 750.341).
(4) A legal entity that is self-insured and provides insurance services to its employees.
(5) An insurer, as defined in ORS 656.005 (Definitions).
(6) An employer authorized under ORS chapter 656 to self-insure its workers’ compensation risk.
(7) A fraternal benefit society, as described in ORS 748.106 (Description of fraternal benefit society).
(8) An insurance producer, as defined in ORS 731.104 (“Insurance producer”). [1999 c.633 §2; 2003 c.364 §73; 2007 c.241 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.