(1) If a lessor fails to deliver the goods in conformity to the lease contract as provided in ORS 72A.5090 (Lessees rights on improper delivery) or repudiates the lease contract as provided in ORS 72A.4020 (Anticipatory repudiation), or a lessee rightfully rejects the goods as provided in ORS 72A.5090 (Lessees rights on improper delivery) or justifiably revokes acceptance of the goods as provided in ORS 72A.5170 (Revocation of acceptance of goods), then with respect to any goods involved, and with respect to all of the goods if under an installment lease contract the value of the whole lease contract is substantially impaired as provided in ORS 72A.5100 (Installment lease contracts), the lessor is in default under the lease contract and the lessee may:
(a) Cancel the lease contract under ORS 72A.5050 (Cancellation and termination and effect of cancellation, termination, rescission or fraud on rights and remedies);
(b) Recover so much of the rent and security as has been paid and is just under the circumstances;
(c) Cover and recover damages as to all goods affected whether or not they have been identified to the lease contract under ORS 72A.5180 (Cover) and 72A.5200 (Lessees incidental and consequential damages), or recover damages for nondelivery under ORS 72A.5190 (Lessees damages for nondelivery, repudiation, default and breach of warranty in regard to accepted goods) and 72A.5200 (Lessees incidental and consequential damages); or
(d) Exercise any other rights or pursue any other remedies provided in the lease contract.
(2) If a lessor fails to deliver the goods in conformity to the lease contract or repudiates the lease contract, the lessee may also:
(a) If the goods have been identified, recover them under ORS 72A.5220 (Lessees right to goods on lessors insolvency); or
(b) In a proper case, obtain specific performance or replevy the goods under ORS 72A.5210 (Lessees right to specific performance or replevin).
(3) If a lessor is otherwise in default under a lease contract, the lessee may exercise the rights and pursue the remedies provided in the lease contract, which may include a right to cancel the lease, and in ORS 72A.5190 (Lessees damages for nondelivery, repudiation, default and breach of warranty in regard to accepted goods) (3).
(4) If a lessor has breached a warranty, whether express or implied, the lessee may recover damages under ORS 72A.5190 (Lessees damages for nondelivery, repudiation, default and breach of warranty in regard to accepted goods).
(5) On rightful rejection or justifiable revocation of acceptance, a lessee has a security interest in goods in the lessees possession or control for any rent and security that has been paid and any expenses reasonably incurred in their inspection, receipt, transportation, care and custody and may hold those goods and dispose of them in good faith and in a commercially reasonable manner, subject to ORS 72A.5270 (Lessors rights to dispose of goods).
(6) Subject to the provisions of ORS 72A.4070 (Irrevocable promises), a lessee, on notifying the lessor of the lessees intention to do so, may deduct all or any part of the damages resulting from any default under the lease contract from any part of the rent still due under the same lease contract. [1989 c.676 §55; 1993 c.646 §10]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information