Corporate central credit union
- • membership
- • rights and powers
- • rules
Membership in a corporate central credit union shall be limited to credit unions organized under federal law or under the laws of states listed in the bylaws of the corporate central credit union, and to subsidiaries of any such credit unions, associations of any such credit unions and affiliates of such associations. A corporate central credit union shall have all the powers, rights and obligations imposed upon or granted central credit unions under this chapter, except:
(1) It shall be exempt from the regular reserve requirements of ORS 723.631 (Regular reserve), but shall be required to establish and maintain a minimum capital to assets ratio as set by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services by rule.
(2) It shall be exempt from the bond or letter of credit requirements of ORS 723.122 (Bond or letter of credit), but shall be required to obtain and maintain a fidelity bond in accordance with any rules adopted by the director.
(3) It may buy and sell any form of marketable debt obligations of domestic corporations or of federal, state or local government units in accordance with an investment plan approved by the director prior to the purchase or sale of the obligation.
(4) A corporate central credit union may make loans or establish lines of credit to a member without regard to the limit set in ORS 723.512 (Loan limit). Notwithstanding ORS 723.502 (Purposes) or any other provision of law limiting allowable interest on a loan, a corporate central credit union and a member may agree in writing on the rate of interest that shall be charged on such loans.
(5) A corporate central credit union may issue membership capital share accounts as provided by rule. [1977 c.628 §2; 1981 c.192 §41; 1981 c.256 §1; 1985 c.206 §3; 1995 c.319 §6; 1997 c.832 §8; 1999 c.185 §54]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.