Agreements with other agencies regarding sharing and use of confidential information
- • contents
(1) The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, consistent with ORS 705.137 (Information that is confidential or not subject to disclosure), may enter into agreements with other state, federal, foreign and international regulatory and law enforcement agencies, with the Federal Reserve Board and with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and affiliates or subsidiaries of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners to govern the sharing and use of information.
(2) An agreement under this section must specify the duration of the agreement, the purpose of the agreement, the methods for terminating the agreement and any other necessary and proper matters.
(3) An agreement under this section does not relieve the director of any obligation or responsibility imposed by law.
(4) The director may expend funds of the Department of Consumer and Business Services and may supply services for carrying out an agreement under this section.
(5) Agreements under this section are exempt from ORS 190.410 (Definition for ORS 190.410 to 190.440) to 190.440 (Powers of public agency under agreement) and 190.480 (Definition for ORS 190.480 to 190.490) to 190.490 (Approval of agreement by Attorney General). [2001 c.377 §3; 2015 c.244 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.