Civil penalties and other sanctions
- • enforcement
(1) Except as provided in subsections (4) and (5) of this section, any person who violates any provision of this chapter or any rule adopted by the Construction Contractors Board shall forfeit and pay into the General Fund of the State Treasury a civil penalty in an amount determined by the board of not more than $5,000 for each offense.
(2) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(3) The provisions of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of any other penalty or sanction provided by law.
(4) The board shall impose sanctions for violation of ORS 701.098 (Grounds for discipline) (1)(h) on both the person to whom the contract is awarded and the person who awards the contract as follows:
(a) A penalty not less than $500 nor more than $1,000 for the first offense;
(b) A penalty not less than $1,000 nor more than $2,000 for the second offense;
(c) Suspension of the person’s license for six months for a third offense;
(d) Suspension of the person’s license for three years for a fourth offense; and
(e) Revocation of the person’s license for a fifth offense.
(5) The board may impose a civil penalty not to exceed $100 for each violation of ORS 87.007 (Protection from construction liens perfected after sale of residential property completed) (3). [1971 c.740 §21; 1979 c.874 §5; 1981 c.618 §14; 1983 c.616 §16; 1983 c.696 §27; 1991 c.734 §90; 1995 c.216 §4; 1995 c.771 §6; 1999 c.402 §41; 2003 c.14 §441; 2003 c.778 §7; 2005 c.432 §17; 2007 c.836 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.