Definitions for ORS 701.560 to 701.595 and 701.605
(1) Contractor means a person that performed services for the construction, alteration or repair of a residence.
(2) Defect means a deficiency, an inadequacy or an insufficiency arising out of or relating to the construction, alteration or repair of a residence. Defect includes a deficiency, an inadequacy or an insufficiency in a system, component or material incorporated into a residence.
(3) Owner means a person that possesses an interest in a residence or in land that is a residential site or has entered into a contract for the purchase of an interest in the residence or land. Owner includes:
(a) A homeowners association as defined in ORS 94.550 (Definitions for ORS 94.550 to 94.783);
(b) A managing entity as defined in ORS 94.803 (Definitions for ORS 94.803 and 94.807 to 94.945);
(c) An owners association as described in ORS 94.858 (Owners association);
(d) An association of unit owners as defined in ORS 100.005 (Definitions); and
(e) Any other entity that possesses an interest in a residence or represents owners of a residence.
(4) Remediation means the repair or replacement of some or all of the defects described in an owners notice of defect sent under ORS 701.565 (Notice of defect requirement).
(5) Residence means:
(a) A residential structure as defined in ORS 701.005 (Definitions);
(b) Common property as defined in ORS 94.550 (Definitions for ORS 94.550 to 94.783); and
(c) A common element as defined in ORS 100.005 (Definitions).
(6) Secondary notice means a copy of an owners notice of defect that a contractor, subcontractor or supplier sends to another contractor, subcontractor or supplier that may be responsible for a defect.
(7) Subcontractor means any person that performed services for the construction, alteration or repair of a residence at the request or direction of a contractor.
(8) Supplier means any person that furnished or manufactured the systems, components or materials incorporated into a residence as part of the construction, alteration or repair of the residence. [2003 c.660 §1]
Note: 701.560 (Definitions for ORS 701.560 to 701.595 and 701.605) to 701.605 (Recording of written warranty agreement) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 701 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.