Home services contractor license
- • exemption from testing and continuing education
(1) As used in this section, “home” and “home service agreement” have the meanings given those terms in ORS 731.164 (“Home protection insurance,” “home protection insurer”).
(2) A home services contractor license authorizes the holder to operate a business providing service, repair or replacement for homes through a licensed contractor under a home service agreement.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 701.126, the Construction Contractors Board may not impose a continuing education requirement for a home services contractor.
(4) Notwithstanding ORS 701.122 (Training requirements for individuals and businesses), the board may not require a home services contractor to take a test measuring the knowledge of the contractor or responsible managing individual regarding business practices and laws affecting construction contractors. [Formerly 701.610]
Note: 701.126 was repealed by section 6, chapter 718, Oregon Laws 2013. The text of 701.501 (Home services contractor license) was not amended by enactment of the Legislative Assembly to reflect the repeal. Editorial adjustment of 701.501 (Home services contractor license) for the repeal of 701.126 has not been made.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.