Training requirements for individuals and businesses
- • testing of business license applicant
- • exception
- • rules
(1) The Construction Contractors Board, by rule, shall impose training requirements for individuals and businesses seeking to be licensed under this chapter. The training required by the board must relate to business practices and laws affecting construction contractors. The board shall adopt standards for programs that provide training that meets the requirements of this subsection.
(2) In establishing training requirements under subsection (1) of this section, the board shall take into consideration the availability of training programs within the state and shall encourage training providers to use the most up-to-date technology. The board shall recognize and grant credit for training provided by private organizations if the training program meets the standards established by the board under subsection (1) of this section. The board periodically shall review the qualifications of private organizations and instructors to determine compliance with the program standards. The board shall develop and make available to the public a list of public and private programs that provide training that meets the training requirements established by the board under subsection (1) of this section.
(3) The board, by rule, shall approve a test for applicants for licensing under ORS 701.046 (License application). The test shall measure the applicant’s knowledge regarding business practices and laws that are the subject of the training required under subsection (1) of this section.
(4) Subsections (1) and (3) of this section do not apply to an applicant for licensing with endorsement solely as a residential or commercial developer. [Formerly 701.072]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.