Definitions for ORS 698.640 and 698.650
(1) “Auction” or “auction sale” means a sale of or an offer to sell real or personal property to the highest bidder.
(2) “Auctioneer” means a person who sells or offers to sell property at auction, either on the person’s own behalf or for another person.
(3) “Auction mart” means a fixed or established place designed, intended or used to conduct auction sales where more than one sale has occurred during a calendar year.
(4) “Consignee” means a person to whom another person offers, gives or entrusts personal property with the expectation that the person will sell the personal property in a manner other than at an auction sale and compensate the other person from the proceeds of the sale.
(5) “Consignment sale” means a sale of personal property, or a display of personal property for the purpose of selling the personal property, that a consignee conducts in public or with members of the public other than at a public auction. [1983 c.404 §1; 2013 c.493 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.