(1) In addition to any other liability or penalty provided by law, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may impose a civil penalty on a person in an amount not to exceed $5,000 for each violation of ORS 697.612 (Registration requirement) or 697.642 (Bond requirement) to 697.702 (Interference with records of debt management service provider), rules adopted under ORS 697.632 (Registration procedure) or order issued under ORS 697.825 (Enforcement).
(2) The director shall impose a civil penalty on a person under this section in the manner provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures), the person to whom the notice is addressed has 10 days from the date on which the notice was mailed in which to apply for a hearing before the director.
(4) Paying or tendering payment for a civil penalty imposed under this section does not relieve a person from the obligation to comply with the applicable statute or rule.
(5) All penalties recovered under this section shall be paid into the State Treasury and credited to the General Fund and are available for general governmental expenses. [1983 c.17 §24a; 1989 c.706 §25; 1991 c.734 §88; 2005 c.338 §20; 2009 c.604 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.