Grounds for disciplinary action
The Real Estate Commissioner may suspend or revoke the license of any real estate marketing organization or reprimand any licensee, or may deny the issuance or renewal of a license to an applicant who has done any of the following:
(1) Knowingly or negligently pursued a course of material misrepresentation in matters related to real estate marketing activity, whether or not damage or injury resulted, or knowingly or negligently made any material misrepresentation or material false promise in a matter related to real estate marketing activity if the material misrepresentation or material false promise created a reasonable probability of damage or injury, whether or not damage or injury actually resulted.
(2) Failed, within a reasonable time, to account for or to remit any moneys or to surrender to the rightful owner any documents or other valuable property coming into the possession of the real estate marketing organization that belongs to others.
(3) Disregarded or violated any provision of this section, ORS 696.603 (License requirement) or 696.606 (Real estate marketing organization license) or any rule adopted pursuant thereto.
(4) Guaranteed, authorized or permitted any person to guarantee future profits that may result from the resale of real property.
(5) Failed or refused upon demand to produce or to supply true copies of any document, book or record in the possession or control of the real estate marketing organization for inspection by the commissioner or the commissioner’s authorized representative.
(6) Failed to register and maintain the current and accurate names of, and information regarding, each real estate marketing employee of the real estate marketing organization.
(7) Procured or attempted to procure a real estate marketing license by fraud, misrepresentation or deceit or by making any material misstatement of fact in an application for a real estate marketing license.
(8) Failed to exercise supervision over the activities of real estate marketing employees. For the purposes of this subsection, "supervision" means that management by an organization that is reasonably designed and implemented to result in compliance by the employees of the organization with this section, ORS 696.603 (License requirement) or 696.606 (Real estate marketing organization license) or any rule adopted pursuant thereto.
(9) Engaged in any act or conduct, whether of the same or of a different character specified in this subsection, that constitutes or demonstrates bad faith, incompetence, untrustworthiness or dishonest, fraudulent or improper dealings.
(10) Failed to meet or maintain the deposit requirements of ORS 696.606 (Real estate marketing organization license) (3) or (4).
(11) Failed to pay in full any final judgment on claims adjudged by the commissioner or by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(12) Violated ORS 646.608 (Additional unlawful business, trade practices). [1995 c.217 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.