State Plumbing Board
- • membership
- • term
- • compensation and expenses
(1) The State Plumbing Board is established in the Department of Consumer and Business Services, consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor. The appointment of a member of the board is subject to confirmation by the Senate pursuant to section 4, Article III of the Oregon Constitution.
(2) The members of the board shall be as follows:
(a) One journeyman plumber with 10 or more years’ experience in the trade or calling of journeyman plumber;
(b) One licensed plumbing contractor;
(c) One local plumbing inspector who is a journeyman plumber;
(d) One registered professional mechanical engineer;
(e) One officer or employee of the Oregon Health Authority;
(f) One plumbing equipment supplier who otherwise qualifies by experience in the industry or one building official; and
(g) One member of the general public.
(3) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A member is not eligible for appointment to more than two full terms of office. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) A member of the board shall receive compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1981 c.438 §§4,5,9; 1987 c.414 §51; 1993 c.744 §153; 2003 c.14 §439; 2005 c.758 §52; 2009 c.595 §1111]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.